Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Status 156 with multiplexing turned on

2012-03-22 16:37:47
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Status 156 with multiplexing turned on
From: Rusty Major <rusty.major AT sungard DOT com>
To: scott.george AT parker DOT com, veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 15:37:41 -0500

MPX should not have any impact on VSS errors. VSS errors are generated from the client. One thought is that you may have multiple streams configured to run at the same time and, if allowed, you may be running into too many snaps at once or a capacity issue as another poster pointed out.

Easy way to check: disable MPX and run the backup by itself and see if you get the same error. Before doing this, you might take the opportunity to turn up the client logging so you can have info to look at if it fails again. Check the bpbkar and bpfis logs if it errors again. Don?t forget to set logging back to 0 when you?re done.

Thank you,

Rusty