Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 7.0.1 and Vmware Backups to Tape or Disk

2012-03-09 06:42:11
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 7.0.1 and Vmware Backups to Tape or Disk
From: Jorge Fábregas <jorge.fabregas AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 07:41:01 -0400
Hi Simon,

Sorry for the late response.  A while ago I posted a message with my
setup and some speed results:

http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/pipermail/veritas-bu/2011-March/109633.html

We have hundreds of VMs and we indeed limit the amount of jobs per
datastore (thru the global option available for this).  Our tape library
has 4 drives (LTO4) and we're using NBU 7.1.

The main criteria we use to separate the policies is whether or not we
use vRay on them (that's the Mapped Full VM option).   We had some
issues with some Linux VMs with ext3 filesystem where the "Mapped Full
VM option" was slowing down the backups.  I've been told this issue has
been addressed on the latest version of Netbackup.

Feel free to ask any other specific question.

Best regards,
Jorge