Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Need help choosing backup solution

2012-03-07 15:06:55
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Need help choosing backup solution
From: Wayne T Smith <WTSmith AT maine DOT edu>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 15:06:52 -0500
On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 2:06 PM, Dennis Peacock <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote, in part:
Netbackup is your backup solution.
Every backup product is different in strengths and weaknesses. I don't know what your budget is, but Netbackup is an excellent choice for backup software.

While we (I) have apparently missed the question and  preceding discussion,  ...

I'll offer my opinion that while comprehensive, NetBackup is complex, has more history than design, is hard to use, hard to debug, costly, and has a definite tendency to require you take more aspirins than now.  On the other hand, since it has a huge market share, it's probably less awful than its competitors. ;-)

Cheers, Wayne