Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Issues with media server dedupe pools /replication / restores ??

2012-02-23 15:28:10
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Issues with media server dedupe pools /replication / restores ??
From: "Mark Glazerman" <Mark.Glazerman AT spartech DOT com>
To: <Jack.Forester AT mylan DOT com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 14:28:06 -0600
Jack / Scott,

We actually just added this entry and (knock on wood) it appears to be doing
what we want (and what you guys have said it would !!).  I should have reached
out to the mailing list sooner because I've had a sev 2 ticket open with
Symantec since Monday and they have yet to even make any suggestions about
possible solutions.  We'd tried adding MEDIA_SERVER_OVERRIDE entries in the
bp.conf but it wasn't until I was reading a technote from one of the replies to
my question today that I saw that NetBackup's "logic", when it comes to media
server allocations for restores, would ignore bp.conf entries.

I'm going to leave the ticket open with support, just to see how long it takes
them to get back to me, but for now I think we've got a resolution.

Thanks,

Mark Glazerman
Desk: 314-889-8282
Cell: 618-520-3401
 please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to