Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Quantum i6000 tape cleaning tickets not clearing

2012-02-22 10:41:03
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Quantum i6000 tape cleaning tickets not clearing
From: "Lightner, Jeff" <JLightner AT water DOT com>
To: Jim VandeVegt <Jim.Vandevegt AT physiciansmutual DOT com>, "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 15:40:59 +0000
How quickly are you doing the manual close?   It may be your i500 like my i6000
would do the close after a second drive gets cleaned if you let it wait for
that.

Most of my drives got cleaned over the last week so I was able to see this
fairly quickly but as usage changes the time between cleanings of different
drives might get to a long time.  (When my last alert happened yesterday I
manually closed the ticket since it was the last drive needing cleaning and I
assume it will be some time before another one does.)