Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Support for 6.x Netbackup

2012-02-15 12:46:24
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Support for 6.x Netbackup
From: Anurag Sharma <sharma.anurag AT hotmail DOT com>
To: <wilcox AT ge DOT com>, veritas-bu <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 23:16:18 +0530

You need to go for Netbackup Opscenter Analytics

Opscenter  = Backup Reporter + NOM

Anurag

From: wilcox AT ge DOT com
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 14:45:39 +0000
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Support for 6.x Netbackup

All,

  I have heard that all support will end for 6.x netbackup in June of this year.  Is this true, and if so, what does Symantec plan to do with operations manager being able to do Breakup Jobs in Backup Reporter.  We have a bunch of Netapps that we have multiple volumes in.  We use Breakup jobs to tell us which of the volumes failed and which succeeded for a given policy.