Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] RPM / spec file / Automated install of RedHat/CentOS NB 7.1 client

2012-02-07 12:24:56
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] RPM / spec file / Automated install of RedHat/CentOS NB 7.1 client
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: "Antman, Jason" <jantman AT techtarget DOT com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 12:24:52 -0500
Hi,

With NBU 6.5.x, it was easy to automate, you drop the files down,
chkconfig some services (4) on, setup an auto-configure script for the
bp.conf file and then you're done (and edit /etc/services).

With NBU 7.x, there is a lot more stuff in the background that is
running and probably new entries in /etc/services (haven't verified
this yet).

Will 2.6 work on CentOS? It may you need to try it out, and/or install
some RPM libc6-compat stuff as well, you need to test it.

Justin.