Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP Backups on DataDomain.

2012-01-04 14:47:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Backups on DataDomain.
From: rsavage <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 11:47:07 -0800
i just tested this senario. NDMP to a DD670 over the network. All I had to do
is have a valid license key for Netbackup. Set up a NDMP user on the VNX5700,
set up the NDMP backup policy in Symantec/Vertias.

Our File share was on a VNX5700
Our master/media was windows 2003 x64 7.0.1
Our Data domain appliance was dd670.

Policy in Netbackup was NDMP, client was the VNX host backing up to Disk
Storage unit (dd670) (this is available in netbackup 6.5 and later I believe).

Test backup of 1.3TB took just over 4 hours. We were running about 300GB/hour.

This was over the network, not using the VTL option. The VTL options is
available but you need a license on your data domain.