Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape/media errors/HP LTO-3

2011-12-14 07:08:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape/media errors/HP LTO-3
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 07:07:21 -0500
Hi,

We're running the latest F/W for HP LTO-3 tape drives (M6BS) for
4.0GBPS/FC drives.

As was noted in the previous conversation, errors such as:
1323762270 1 386 16 media-server 0 0 0 *NULL* bptm error unloading
media, TpErrno = Robot operation failed
1322549252 1 388 16 media-server 1136618 1136513 0 client-hostname
bptm FREEZING media id XAC228, External event caused rewind during
write, all data on media is lost

When these errors occur in your environments (on multiple tapes) do
you get the drives replaced in advanced or wait for them to fail
completely?  In the past I had been getting them replaced regularly
but its getting problematic they used to be servicing components
multiple times per ewek.

Justin.