Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] IBM LTO-5 Drive Question (8.0gbps FC, FW: B5BF)

2011-12-13 07:12:26
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] IBM LTO-5 Drive Question (8.0gbps FC, FW: B5BF)
From: WALLEBROEK Bart <Bart.WALLEBROEK AT swift DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>, "jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com" <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 13:11:45 +0100
Make sure to run the latest firmware on the tape drives (B6W0).  IBM 'claims'
that this will solve all media issues.

Best Regards,
Bart WALLEBROEK

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 04:23:10 -0500
From: "Justin Piszcz" <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>

Hi,

I read on this list awhile back there were some media issues others were
having with the IBM LTO-5 tape drives; after an update, things were better.
Currently running B5BF and notice a lot of '(86) - media read errors' on
separate drives in different locations, has anyone seen this, one could
chalk it up to some bad tape media but because it seems to occur across >2
drives in >1 location I was curious if anyone else had seen this issue and
if so, which F/W where they running that seemed to solve the issue?

Drive: IBM LTO-5 8.0gbps F/C
F/W: B5BF