Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Starting a job from command line

2011-11-21 14:25:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Starting a job from command line
From: Howard Graylin <hgraylin AT cspire DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 19:25:09 +0000
I’ve had to split up our Exchange backups into 3 different policies for various reasons.  In each policy, I list the names of the databases to back up.  Even doing it like this, I get some occasional failures when backing them up.  Is it possible to run a backup using bpbackup and specify the individual database I want to back up?

For example, if a backup fails for Exchange database XDB01, will bpbackup allow me to specify just this specific database to back up...or would it be easier to create a copy of my Exchange backup and enter the specific database into that policy?  I’m leaning towards doing it with a policy, but wondered if there were alternatives.

Howard Graylin | System Administrator III | C Spire Wireless
6019747719 office

Cellular South is now C Spire Wireless
Please note that my new email address is hgraylin AT cspire DOT com