Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] netbackup 6.5: can't find any media device ??

2011-11-10 10:20:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] netbackup 6.5: can't find any media device ??
From: rico78 <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 06:50:42 -0800
Hi Folks,

I've got a solaris 5.10 server with a HP tape library  (Model MSL2024 1 LTO-4
Ultrium 1760 SAS Tape Library AK378A) connected to it by SAS.

I'm running Netbackup 6.5 on the solaris server, but from the netbackup java
console, I CAN'T find the media device attached to the host through the device
Configuration Wizard.

Did I forget to configure something? Is HP tape libray need to be manually
added to the netbackup configuration.

When running HP Libray Tape Tool, when I run a hardware scan, the drive is been
detected; and get the information out of it:

    Libraries/Autoloaders:

    Processors/Enclosures:

    Drives:
       1 HP Ultrium 4-SCSI (Address: 0.1.0[st@1,0-/dev/rmt/0])

    Main > Drive Information >

    The following is identity information for the selected device. You can use
commands to select functionality to perform on this device.

    Product ID                      : Ultrium 4-SCSI
    Drive Technology             : LTO
    Mech. Serial Number       : HU194XXXX
    Firmware Rev                  : U51W/MSL G3 Series SAS
    Target ID                        : 1
    Target LUN                     : 0
    OBDR Capability             : Not Supported
    WORM Capability            : Supported

As I used to work with NB under windows, I'm not quite familiar under solaris
so any help will be welcomed!