Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] vmware api backups

2011-10-31 15:28:18
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] vmware api backups
From: George Winter <george_winter AT symantec DOT com>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 12:28:00 -0700
Hello.  Just a couple of clarifications....

>>  you need to enable change block tracking on each vm

[G]:  NetBackup automatically enables Changed Block Tracking when the "Block
Level Incremental Backup" checkbox is selected on the policy.  This is done for
every VM that is defined in this policy.  No need to manually enable this on
every VM.

>>  change backups using time stamps instead of archive bits

[G]:  This is only required on the Windows VMware Backup Host(s).  This
attribute does not need to be set for every VM being protected.

>>  making the UUID based quiescing for windows 2008 servers (theres a symantec
>> article on this).

[G]: Not sure what this is referring to.

Hope this helps!

-George Winter
Symantec Corporation