Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] FlashBacup - Restore Question

2011-10-03 10:34:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] FlashBacup - Restore Question
From: "WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 15:34:32 +0100

Hi,
I am evaluating FlashBackup-Windows. I am backing up a 1.8TB Volume, with millions of 1kb files and via SAN, its taking 3 days.

During a quck FB-Windows Test Policy, I got this down to 7 hours. However, 2 questions:-

1) Not been able to test, but is there a downside to restore times for this type of volume
2) I read a Technote, that when restoring FB-Windows, certain files dont get restored, like Outlook .pst files. Now, I cannot find the Technote, but I wondered if that was fixed in 7.0.1

3) The Server has 5 volumes, but it does not look like you can "stream" jobs. Does anyone have a policy where it contains multiple volumes for a single client. And can you improve the performance? I could Multiplex I guess.

Thanks

Regards

Simon