Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SharePoint GRT restores

2011-08-30 10:21:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SharePoint GRT restores
From: "Infantino, Joe (Contractor)" <JINFANTINO AT intersil DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 10:21:22 -0400

I am looking to see if anyone has this configuration working for SharePoint GRT restores

Master Windows 2003 SP2

NBU 7.1

SP Server Windows 2003 R2 SP2

NBU 6.5.6

SQL Server Windows 2003 R2 SP2

NBU 6.5.6

We cannot upgrade the clients to 7.1 because we are currently backing up the OS and SQL db in a production 6.5.6 environment, but have a 7.1 test environment setup to test the GRT functionality.  This means the client is actually multi-mastered J

·       Backups work without issue.

·       Attempts to restore a single, deleted file from a SP site works fine.

·       Attempts to restore a deleted list have issues.  We thought we were home free by creating the parent list folder and then attempting the restore of the files as this produces a Status 0 for the restore, but no files are actually restored or are restored to a different location that I cannot find.

TIA

Thank you,

Joe Infantino

MCP, MCSA, Security+, ITILv3