Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] multipathing with tapes on Linux?

2011-07-27 17:36:21
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] multipathing with tapes on Linux?
From: "Stier, Matthew" <Matthew.Stier AT us.fujitsu DOT com>
To: "David Magda" <dmagda AT ee.ryerson DOT ca>, "Len Boyle" <Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 16:36:17 -0500
Creating zones or vlans is easily done on any modern managed switch (FC
or Ethernet).

A concern I have, is the IO bus of the system you are using. Even the
PCI-e bus has bandwidth limits, and depending how the system is
designed, even a single port HBA may have to share bandwidth with
adjacent slots.

With some detail as to the environment, you could probably get better
help.

What system is your media server?

What vendor do you use for your SAN?

Are you writing D2T or D2D2T?