Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 7.1: 1: (2826) Failed to get status code informati

2011-07-26 16:52:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 7.1: 1: (2826) Failed to get status code informati
From: jedgresham <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 13:52:51 -0700
jpiszcz, you mentioned the following in your thread: "During restores with 7.1,
I've been seeing this on some restore jobs: 1: (2826) Failed to get status code
information".

The error you got was obfuscated by the application and it only does so in
particular cases.  What you should be seeing is the following error, "Master
server failed to connect to backup restore manager on media server for restore
(2826)," which gives you a much better clue about the cause of the failure.  A
technote is in the works.