Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Symantec Netbackup 7 Snapshot and Solaris 10 with SVM discs

2011-06-09 09:32:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Symantec Netbackup 7 Snapshot and Solaris 10 with SVM discs
From: mlogic <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 06:32:32 -0700
correction:

Hi,

We were advised to used snapbackup to backup our mail server running on Solaris
10 with disc managed by SVM, mirrored and over 8 millions files split across
different partitions.

Backup policy configured as advised and policy type set to Flashbackup and
checked 'perform snapshot backups' with snapshot method to 'auto'. Run backup
and returned status 0 after 2 days for parent job and all child jobs. Over all
backup looked success, however trying to do restore and see NO images on tapes
for this policy and schedule types.

Is snapbackup not compitable with volumes managed by svm?

Regards,

Mike