Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Open file backup error

2011-06-07 07:44:58
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Open file backup error
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: pranav batra <pranav_venture AT hotmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 07:44:13 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

What are you trying to backup?
Database files?
Open PST files?
Are you using DFSR replication?
What version is your master, media servers?

--

Typically though you want to go to:

Host Properties
-> Client Attributes
-> Add the client name here.
-> Click the Windows Open File Backup tab.
-> Click [x] Enable Windows Open File Backups for this client.
-> Click Snapshot Provider: Use VSS
-> Individual drive snapshot (seems to work best..)
-> Snapshot Error Control (Disable Snapshot & continue)

Justin.