Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Unix backup Policy exit Status Code.

2011-05-03 11:04:26
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Unix backup Policy exit Status Code.
From: Bluejay Adametz <bluejay AT fujifilm DOT com>
To: Veritas <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 11:04:19 -0400
> I want to achieve, if the backup status code = '0' then delete the selected
> files/folder. I will use a custom shell script to delete the files.
> Otherwise skip them for deletion and send me the alert via email.

Take a look at /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/backup_exit_notify

This is a script called by NetBackup when any backup job finishes.
Parameters passed to it identify the the client, policy, etc...

                                                         - Bluejay Adametz

"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and
hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed." - Einstein
NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, is only for the use of
information, or information otherwise protected from disclosure by law.
hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying, dissemination or
distribution of this message or any of its attachments is strictly
prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please contact the
sender immediately by reply email and destroy this message, including all
attachments, and any copies thereof.