Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] EMC Data Domain OST Vs VTL with NetBackup

2011-04-14 11:18:01
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] EMC Data Domain OST Vs VTL with NetBackup
From: ckstehman AT pepco DOT com
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 11:17:55 -0400
Hello Sandesh

We have 4 DataDomain systems two at each of our main sites.  We replicate between both sites.  We are using the OST option with Storage Lifecycle Policies. we are currently running Netbackup 6.5.6.  It is running very well.  We do not use the VTL option.  The only problem is that we have occasional "83" errors on some of the SLP policies due to a timing problem when connecting to the DD unit with the OST plug in, however when the policy  automatically re-runs is is fine, we do not have any missing replicated copies.  We are awaiting a fix from DataDomain which should take care of the problem.  I would recommend this option instead of VTL.

Carl Stehman
Distributed Services
Pepcoholdings, Inc.
701 Ninth St NW