Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] kernel tuning for netbackup in solaris 10

2011-04-13 14:21:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] kernel tuning for netbackup in solaris 10
From: rhugga <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 09:10:39 -0700
Yea this changed from 6 to7 for some reason.. IMHO using newtask is not a very
clean way of doing it. I thought integrating it with SMF was great, not sure
why they reverted back. You just need to make sure and embed newtask statements
in any scripts you use to start/execute netbackup stuff. (by default you want
/etc/init.d/netbackup or whatever its called)

I think in 7.x there are only 2 daemons that need to use the project anyways..
(vnetd and bptm I believe)

-CC