Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] strange disk usage

2011-04-01 12:11:52
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] strange disk usage
From: "David McMullin" <David.McMullin AT CBC-Companies DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 12:11:34 -0400
Regarding disk usage:

Run this command sequence:

#   To list values for logging
    for i in `vxlogcfg -l -p 51216| grep -v ist`
    do
    echo $i >> /tmp/current.vxlog.config
    vxlogcfg -l -p 51216 -o $i >> /tmp/current.vxlog.config
    done

Review what is in the /tmp/current.vxlog.config file - especially the value for
the log directory - like "LogDirectory = /usr/openv/logs/" - check there for
files.

Also check the DiagnosticLevel and the DebugLevel, and your log recycle
parameters.

If there are files there, these commands can help:
You may want to run this command ( I run it from cron periodically):

vxlogmgr -d -a -q

Some systems so not clear the logs, you have to tell it to...

My Solaris system was saving a ton of these logs before I started manually
purging them, even though I had configured them to roll.

Message: 2