Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 6.5.5 --> 7.0.1 Upgrade - No tapes are expiring

2011-03-24 17:12:24
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 6.5.5 --> 7.0.1 Upgrade - No tapes are expiring
From: Jan Pramann <jan_pramann AT symantec DOT com>
To: "scott.george AT parker DOT com" <scott.george AT parker DOT com>, "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 14:11:25 -0700

Scott,

There are some known expiration issues at 7.0.1.  One of them is in our late breaking news and has a fix if you have a Windows master:

7.0.1 Late Breaking News

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH139092

(ET2106924)http://www.symantec.com/business/support/library/BUSINESS/bin.jpg  Duplications fail with a Status Code 191/233/44, Image expiration also does not occur on Windows Master servers
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH138266

The other problem has to do with tapes not deassigning after the images have expired.

If this command frees up the tapes you may need the fix below:

- /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpexpdate –deassignempty -force

Contact Symantec Technical Support and reference Etrack 2174639 to obtain a fix for this issue for 7.0.1.