Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Server OS and NBU upgrades

2011-03-18 13:46:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Server OS and NBU upgrades
From: "McDonald, James F. II" <JAMES.F.MCDONALD.II AT saic DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 13:46:02 -0400

Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with upgrading from Windows Server 2003 to 2008 and NBU 6.5 to 7.0?  Currently my backup server is running the older versions of both.  I have the software to upgrade both of them.  Is there a preferred sequence: upgrade NBU then the OS or upgrade the OS first and then NBU?  When upgrading NBU, will it preserve the settings and policies already created?

James McDonald

System Administrator

SAIC - IISBU

410-312-2232