Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Access Control.

2011-03-15 14:12:38
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Access Control.
From: Harpreet SINGH <harpreet_singh AT ctl.creative DOT com>
To: Saran Brar <saranbrar AT live DOT com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 02:12:27 +0800
Dear Mr. Saran,

Many thanks for the prompt reply.

If possible, can you share the auth.conf file for multiple users

i.e
<<
AM - Activity Monitor
BPM - Backup Policy Management
JBP - Backup, Archive, and Restore
DM - Device Monitor
MM - Media Management
REP - Reports
SUM - Storage Unit Management

User_A = AM+REP
User_B= AM+JBP
User_C=BPM+JBP+MM+REP etc.

With Warm Regards
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Harpreet Singh Chana

Phone  :     (O) 6895 - 4326
Fax       :     (O) 6895 - 4991
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
** Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.

Notice
privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this
message by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended
recipient,  any disclosure,  copying or distribution of the message,  or
any action taken by you in reliance on it,  is prohibited and may be
unlawful.  If you have received this message in error,  please delete it
and contact the sender immediately.  Thank you.

             Saran Brar
             <[email protected]
                                       Harpreet SINGH
             03/16/2011 01:43          <harpreet_singh AT ctl.creative DOT com>

                                       veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu,
                                       veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng DOT
aubu
                                       rn.edu
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Access
                                       Control.

Create one new user in linux and in /usr/openv/java/auth.conf file make the
following entry assuming new user name as newuser

newuser ADMIN=AM JBP=AM

This will give new user access only to the activity monitor and user will
be able to restart/resume the failed jobs

Thanks,

Saran

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 9:01 AM, Harpreet SINGH <