Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] SSO tape drives & Windows

2011-03-02 12:13:55
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] SSO tape drives & Windows
From: Robin Small <Robin.Small AT fresno DOT gov>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 09:13:47 -0800
I've tried it (Linux RHEL master) with some SAN media server types running
Windows.

I've had mixed success, but I'm suspecting it's a configuration issue.

My setup scrambles the tape inventory, so I get a horde of frozen tapes because
it gets mismatched between what it thinks is the right inventory and the
barcode on the tape once it hits the drive.

Oddly, when I set it up on our Oracle linux boxes, they work fine, just the
Windows ones sharing tape drives from a linux master.