Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] using *.dbf in exclude lists

2011-02-23 19:46:51
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] using *.dbf in exclude lists
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 00:41:50 +0000
On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 04:59:01PM -0500, Stafford, Geoff wrote:
> So, all ye great NBU minds, what are your experiences with using *.dbf
> and have you noticed any ill effects on the client?

I think others have given some good ideas, and I believe the process
challenges of this decision are the big ones.

>From a purely technical point of view, I think you'd need to have a
really, really slow CPU client before you'd notice any difference.  The
entire process (even the part where an incremental backup is just
looking for updates) should be entirely I/O bound on modern hardware.

--
Darren