Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Large Duplication Jobs in Vault

2011-02-22 08:46:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Large Duplication Jobs in Vault
From: scott.george AT parker DOT com
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 08:45:27 -0500
I have 2 vault jobs that duplicate everything from the previous day, one for my fulls, and the other for my incrementals.  For whatever reason, the vault job for the incrementals piles a large amount of images into one duplication job, sometimes up to 4TB worth, and it never finishes in time for the tapes to go off that day.

I am curious to know if anybody else has seen this, and if they have, what is a way around it?

Thank you,

Scott "PLEASE NOTE: The preceding information may be confidential or privileged. It only should be used or disseminated for the purpose of conducting business with Parker. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete the information from your system. Thank you for your cooperation."