Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] PureDisk vs. DataDomain

2011-02-15 12:29:50
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] PureDisk vs. DataDomain
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 12:28:54 -0500

I’m not a fan of the per-TB licenses either, however my understanding of the NetBackup Deduplication license is that you pay per TB up front instead of on the back end, which means you don’t have to pay for the DR copy (or other copies.) I haven’t priced this out yet, but it will be interesting to see the 2 x DataDomain versus 1 x NetBackup Deduplication + 2 x DAS comparison. In my case we’re considering converting a ton of D2D DAS hardware to this model which means  I’m going to need crazy Eddie pricing from EMC to compete with sites that already have storage.

Just my $0.02.

-Jonathan