Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Backing up and restore of BLOGs with SQL under Netbackup 7.0

2011-02-08 09:40:37
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Backing up and restore of BLOGs with SQL under Netbackup 7.0
From: David Stanaway <david AT stanaway DOT net>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 08:40:17 -0600
The is an MSSQL backup client, and Oracle and probably a few others.

On a system I have with postgresql, I have a pre-backup script that runs a pg_dump and checks for success before backing up the system (Including the pg_dump).

Setting up the backup and doing the restore will just require some coordination/testing with your DBA.