Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] How to use the DataDomain system cleaning process

2011-02-03 16:26:53
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] How to use the DataDomain system cleaning process
From: "Mark Glazerman" <Mark.Glazerman AT spartech DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 15:26:08 -0600
The cleaning process is very easy to administer.  You set up each restorer to
clean expired data based on a schedule.  It can clean as often as you want but
in our environment we have it set to clean once a week at 6am on a Tuesday.  As
long as you are using directory based replication you set up a cleaning
schedule on both data domain systems (source and replica).  The cleaning
process is quite intensive and can take some time if you have a lot of data.
The Data Domain systems mark data as cleanable based on the retention
parameters passed to it by Netbackup. Once an image expires in Netbackup, it
can be marked as cleanable by the data domain. Filesys show space will show the
amount marked as cleanable since the last cleaning cycle ran. The command
syntax is filesys clean set schedule [daily | monthly | never] <day(s) <time>.

Mark Glazerman
Desk: 314-889-8282
Cell: 618-520-3401
 please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to