Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Size buffers / Performance Tune on Ex2k3 with LTO4

2011-01-26 09:34:39
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Size buffers / Performance Tune on Ex2k3 with LTO4
From: "bob944" <bob944 AT attglobal DOT net>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 09:34:28 -0500
> Just a quick question, but I used some default NetBackup settings to
> tune Exchange backups and restores.
>
> If I move to a different library with LTO4 (rather than LTO3), do I
> need to reconfigure the settings?
> Windows 2003 SAN Media Exchange, with Master Win2k3 SP2

Need?  No, unless there were tape driver (not NetBackup) settings
changes--which I haven't seen in years.  For NBU, since the maximum
transfer rate of the drive is now faster (and LTO4s vary transport
speed to make up for slower transfer rates rather than stop/back
up/resume when the host can't keep up), you may want to revisit the
bptm logs to see if buffer tuning is indicated.