Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6 to Netbackup7

2011-01-13 14:40:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6 to Netbackup7
From: Rick Brown <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 14:40:29 -0500
The ease of the upgrade depends on many things. The type of servers you have,
number of clients, etc.
You'll want to look at the HCL & find out if your hardware meets the minimum
requirements for NBU 7.x.
Windows 2000 is no longer supported, neither are several 32 Bit OS's.

It seems most eveyone uses NBU in a different way. We have separate 7 NBU
masters with about 400 clients, theres a few media servers in there too. The
beginning was rough, but working with Symantec support we forged through and I
can tell you the experience (for what it's worth) was better than going from
5.x to 6.x.  Pay attention to the amount of free disk space you have, you'll
need plenty.

Cheers,
Rick