Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] setup special account for backup ????????

2011-01-12 19:20:49
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] setup special account for backup ????????
From: Len Boyle <Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com>
To: men duffy <mccux1 AT hotmail DOT com>, aaa aaa <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 00:20:37 +0000

There are several thoughts.

If you can upgrade to 7.1 it will have linux install packages as a method of installing the client.

If you have an account on the linux client that can write to       /tmp you can use the install method using sftp to write a directory in /tmp with all the install scripts and the netbackup objects that  are needed for the install.

After the bits are left in /tmp you can use sudo to shell the install  script in /tmp and it should  install the netbackup bits.