Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6 to Netbackup7

2011-01-12 16:38:20
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6 to Netbackup7
From: <Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com>
To: Saranjit Singh <saranbrar AT live DOT com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 19:42:24 -0600
I would agree. Take note, for Solaris, you need to be at Solaris10 Update 4 or higher. I don't know if the install will fail if you try to upgrade, but I went ahead and patched the OS before doing the upgrade. Not hard, but it took 4-5 hours for each server and they are all T2000's.

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

Saranjit Singh <saranbrar AT live DOT com>
Sent by: <veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>

01/05/2011 09:45 AM

<VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
cc
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6 to Netbackup7

Netbackup upgrade from 6.X to 7.X is like a piece of cake. Very very smooth if compared to 5.X to 6.X upgrade. We upgraded our environment in less than two hours.

Thanks,

Saranjit