Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Restoring a Oracle backup from production to DR netbackup

2011-01-12 16:37:23
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Restoring a Oracle backup from production to DR netbackup
From: Harpreet SINGH <harpreet_singh AT ctl.creative DOT com>
To: Michael Graff Andersen <mian71 AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 13:15:02 +0800
Dear All,

I am sorry, I have another question.

I have  a setup of  unix NBU 6.5 with Oracle Data Base on Site-A.

Oracle Database Backup is performed with Netbackup Oracle Agent and the
Backup is written to DISK.

Now The same backup  written on disk is moved to Site B  where we have Unix
NBU 7.0.  We are able to backup and restore the data on file Level. Here we
don't have Netbackup Oracle Agent.

Please advise how we can restore this backup without the Veritas Netbackup
Oracle Agent ?

With Warm Regards
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Harpreet Singh Chana

Phone  :     (O) 6895 - 4326
Fax       :     (O) 6895 - 4991
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Notice
privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this
message by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended
recipient,  any disclosure,  copying or distribution of the message,  or
any action taken by you in reliance on it,  is prohibited and may be
unlawful.  If you have received this message in error,  please delete it
and contact the sender immediately.  Thank you.

             Michael Graff
             Andersen
             <mian71 AT gmail DOT com
             >                         VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

             veritas-bu-bounce
             s AT mailman.eng DOT aub
Subject
             urn.edu                   Re: [Veritas-bu] Restoring a Oracle
                                       backup from production to DR
                                       netbackup
             01/10/2011 04:32
             AM

Hello Ibby

Firstly you will have to import the tapes with the DB backups on the DR
master

Then do an alternate client DB restore, you will have to change the client
name in the bp.conf on the DR client to that of the production client

Hope this helps

Regards
Michael