Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Mixed Backup Policies.

2011-01-06 23:15:42
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Mixed Backup Policies.
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: "Harpreet SINGH" <harpreet_singh AT ctl.creative DOT com>, "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 23:13:45 -0500
Netbackup can store images from any policy type in the same volume pool, and
even on the same physical media. You don't need to divert your Windows and Unix
backups to different volume pools unless that is a business requirement. I use
volume pools in my environment to differentiate media location... i.e. Onsite,
Vault, Offsite, Iron Mountain, etc...

-Jonathan