Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Moving from solaris master server to windows

2010-12-30 20:24:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Moving from solaris master server to windows
From: rongill <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 20:24:24 -0500
May of you are probably like why would you do this? We have a pretty small
environment with only 2 clients. Most of the remote clients I rsync the data to
a local server from there we backup to disk.

Second reason is I've had quite a fair bit of issues with solaris and it
doesn't help I not an expert with that OS.
Thirdly, our parent company has a hot site setup for DRP and their environment
is Windows netbackup not solaris.

Questions. Currently have 6.5.2 running on solaris .. does anyone have any
insight to this process? and the previous tapes? Best to import them?
Can I attached the LUNS I need directly to the master server and backup from
there to tape?