Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] HPUX upgrade install fails on a Mixed version install error.

2010-12-29 17:20:49
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] HPUX upgrade install fails on a Mixed version install error.
From: Jeff Cleverley <jeff.cleverley AT avagotech DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 15:20:44 -0700
Is the remote box you are trying to upgrade a server or a client?  It
sounds like client has server software on it and won't let you put
higher level client software on it.  If the remote box is a media
server you will need to upgrade the server bits to 6.5 before you can
upgrade the client bits.  I did that once trying to upgrade to 4.5 and
tried to install the client bits first (accidentally).  I got a
similar message.

Jeff

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 3:00 PM, lookn4me
<netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:
> Trying to remote upgrade an HPUX 9000-800 running 11.11 on 5.1MP7 to 6.5, but
> received an error after ftp'd the files to the client:
> Attempting to install client binaries to a NetBackup server of
> a different release/pack level.  Mixed version server/client
> binaries on a single host are not supported.
> client_config_failed
>
> Uname -a reports the client is HPUX 11.11 and the ftp binaries are HP in the
> /tmp/bp.<pid> directory.
> Executed the client_config as root but the error persists after several
> attempts to install.

Jeff Cleverley
Unix Systems Administrator
4380 Ziegler Road