Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Error 71

2010-12-29 16:48:19
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Error 71
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: ccosta.ccc AT gmail DOT com
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 15:48:12 -0600
On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 2:31 PM, <ccosta.ccc AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
We have a 2-node Windows 2008 clustered client. I have two policies configured: one policy has the real host names and local drives (C: / D: ). The other policy has the virtual cluster name and shared drives configured.

Both policies were working fine for months. Now the policy with the virtual clustered name is failing with an error 71. (Note: the other policy with the real names is working fine)

I called the SA, the cluster is up and running and both shared drives are online and accessible.

I've seen the sysadmins be mistaken...   I suspect the cluster has transitioned and the SA didn't put the right volumes in the cluster group or the name didn't fail over with the volumes.

If you're running 7.0, do this:

From the master server:

# bpcoverage -c <virtualservername>

With 6.5, bpcoverage will show you disks that are on the other node in the cluster.  It looks like 7.0 fixed that.

So, with 6.x, do this:

# bpgetconfig -M  <virtualservername> CLIENT_NAME

This will tell you which system NetBackup is expecting to find the drives on.

Once you've got the real host for the client, browse to it and make sure the volumes really are on that host.  If you don't have direct access to the client, go to your admin console, open up the Backup Selections tab, and hit the folder button.  Drill down and see if you can see any folders.  If you can't, the disks are probably not on that system.

   .../Ed