Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5.5 on AIX 5.3 , 64 bit - NBRB problem

2010-12-20 05:22:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5.5 on AIX 5.3 , 64 bit - NBRB problem
From: Abhishek Dhingra1 <abhishek.dhingra AT in.ibm DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 15:51:39 +0530

Hi All

    My netbackup infrastructure is running AIX 5.3 , 64 bit OS and verion of netbackup is 6.5.5

It was previously on 6.5.4 , but after symantec recommendation, i updraded it to 6.5.5.Infrastructure is resposible of taking 35-40 TB daily backup with around more then 150 SAN media servers.

Problem description :- NBRB doesnot release resources more often , when the backup completes. I found the resources still allocated to the job id that has already completed 2 days back. if i manually release the resources , new allocation comes and  that too for the garbage job or for the old job.

Has any one faced this problem earlier. Pls help

Rgds
A D
Email : abhishek.dhingra AT in.ibm DOT com