Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Catalog Archiving Solution

2010-12-10 16:14:33
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Catalog Archiving Solution
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "Chapman, Scott" <Scott.Chapman AT icbc DOT com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 15:14:28 -0600
On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 3:00 PM, Chapman, Scott <Scott.Chapman AT icbc DOT com> wrote:

Kind of a side question… does Symantec support SAN disk for the catalog these days?  I know they didn’t used to support that, but the catalog is getting a bit big these days to keep running it off of internal disk…  Thoughts?

They've supported this for years and years.  Our catalog has been EVA-based for what seems like forever.  It's about to go local with our new master server which has enough slots - and spindles are getting big enough - that local SAS is doable again.  Our catalog is about 740GB.

   .../Ed