Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBconsole takes almost 2 minutes to start

2010-11-18 06:58:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBconsole takes almost 2 minutes to start
From: Jorge Fábregas <jorge.fabregas AT gmail DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 07:57:04 -0400
Hello everyone,

We're running NBU 7.0.1 and the only thing we needed to start backing up
VMware (through vStorage) was the "Enterprise Client" key corresponding to our
ESXi hosts.  Once I registered the key on the master server (which is also our
Media Server) I restarted the Netbackup services.  After that, the Netbackup
Administration Console takes almost two minutes to start.

I can remove the license key, restart the services, and the problem goes away.
When the license key is registered,  the NBconsole log shows some errors
regarding the "Bare Metal Restore" service (bmrd) which we don't use.  When I
remove the key there are no messages related to this service and NBconsole
opens right away.

Is there any way I could tell Netbackup that bmrd is not in use? It seems that
the NBconsole, while loading, tries to contact the service and stays there
until a predefined timeout. Any way to avoid this?

Thanks in advance,
Jorge