Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Right product

2010-11-15 11:12:13
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Right product
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "WEAVER, Simon (external)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:12:09 -0600
On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 9:57 AM, WEAVER, Simon (external) <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net> wrote:
What is the difference between tier1 license and tier2?

For Windows/Linux/SolarisX64 servers, Tier 1 is for 1 processor socket, Tier 2 is 2-3 sockets, Tier 3 is 4-7, and Tier 4 is 8 or more.

Is there somewhere I can look, because the sales people seem to be more confused than I am !

The document is named "Licensing and Support Services" and your sales people should be able to get their hands on it.  It's for Symantec employees and partners only (and I'm neither :)).

   .../Ed