Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] image cleanup process - run time

2010-11-12 17:08:46
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] image cleanup process - run time
From: "Scott Jacobson" <SJACOBSO AT novell DOT com>
To: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 15:08:38 -0700
I agree with Ed, the below "-allclients" switch may still be undocumented for a variety of reasons. Indeed, use with caution.
-sj

>>> Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org> 11/12/2010 1:44 PM >>>
A couple of years ago we had this in a cron job and would find backups occasionally failing with a status 228. I don't know if it was specific that the release we were running at the time but I'd suggest being careful about triggering these cleanups manually.

.../Ed

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Scott Jacobson <SJACOBSO AT novell DOT com> wrote:
I think along with the below your also asking if you can run the cleanup of images manually rather than waiting for the twelve hour default, if so:
\admincmd\bpimage -cleanup -allclients
-sj

>>> <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com> 11/12/2010 11:21 AM >>>

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH135182

this may give some insite