Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] image cleanup process - run time

2010-11-12 13:17:50
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] image cleanup process - run time
From: "THELEN, ROBERT M (ATTSI)" <rt5945 AT att DOT com>
To: "Bobby R Windle" <bwindle AT wlgore DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 12:16:51 -0600

My experience has shown that as soon as NetBackup starts for the first time it runs a cleanup.  Then, it will run a cleanup based on the bpconfig value for “DB Cleanup Interval”, which is 12 by default.

So, assuming default value of 12, if you start NetBackup at 2:15pm, the next cleanup will run at 2:15am, then 2:15pm, etc.

We  have the ability to force many parts of the cleanup process, but I have not yet gotten a good single command to run the whole cleanup process in its entirety.

-Rob Thelen.