Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Restore Script.

2010-11-10 16:03:18
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Restore Script.
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: "Ulises Rodriguez" <ulises.rodriguez AT wallst DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 16:03:03 -0500

We do this on one server here that often needs to write unique file names to tape, then recover in batches. The syntax is whacky, and I think if the filelist.txt file doesn’t end with a blank line the entire thing fails.

bprestore.exe -A -L C:\Path\RestoreLog.txt -R /C/Path/rename.txt -f C:\Path\Filelist.txt

The rename.txt file looks like:

change /C/Path/location to /C/RestorePath/location

You are going to need to append the –C and –D for source and Destination clients, but I’m sure it’s doable. You also need to consider time frame. Since we’re using unique file names, we don’t care when the backup occurred.

Good luck!

-Jonathan