Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrading windows media servers to 6.5 from 5.1

2010-11-02 04:08:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrading windows media servers to 6.5 from 5.1
From: "Ketley, Michael" <Michael.KETLEY AT everythingeverywhere DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 08:08:38 -0000
I will be upgrading a number of Windows media servers to 6.5 from 5.1 over the next couple of weeks, and just wanted to check a few things

The one caveat is that these media servers will be under the control of a new master server, in a different environment

My plan would be to move the mediadb to another 5.1 host in the old environment, which will give me the ability to restore from the old images should it be required (these images will expire in 28 days); i will still have connectivity to the old 5.1 environment

Then i get slightly confused, if i merely upgrade to 6.5 (without uninstalling 5.1 first) then it will ask me to run nbpushdata, which i'm not sure is appropriate in my case?

So is it better to move my mediadb and then uninstall 5.1 and go for a clean install and what in effect is the addition of a new media server? If anyone has done anything similar it would be great to know what your experiences were?

Mike

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER
This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended for the above-named person(s).  If you are not the intended recipient, notify the sender immediately, delete this email from your system and do not disclose or use for any purpose.

We may monitor all incoming and outgoing emails in line with current legislation. We have taken steps to ensure that this email and attachments are free from any virus, but it remains your responsibility to ensure that viruses do not adversely affect you.

Everything Everywhere Limited
Registered in England and Wales
Company Registered Number: 02382161
Registered Office Address: Hatfield Business Park, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 9BW