Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP backup failing with 99

2010-11-01 00:23:35
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP backup failing with 99
From: Len Boyle <Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com>
To: Saran Brar <saranbrar AT live DOT com>, "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 04:23:28 +0000

Saran

May be a problem with the tape drive or the tape drive config or the tape drive cabling.

What type of tape library do you have?

Can you tell us a little more about the tape drives and how they are connected to the netapp filer.

Can you issue the netapp commands

.   sysconfig –t

.   storage show tape

Check the device name from the sysconfig –t with that defined in netbackup.

Can you issue the command mt –f device status

With a tape loaded.

Can you try a few other mt commands.

Do you see anything in the bptm log

The old and new netbackup ndmp logs.

Anything in the netapp  /vol/vol0/etc/messages file

Can you turn on ndmp debugging and then check the netapp ndmp debugging log.

Good luck len